Postal Mail Processor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Postal Mail Processor:Duties and Responsibilities
- The Mail Processor is responsible for utilizing various sort programs or manual distribution schematics to make one or more sortations of inbound and outbound mail items.
- The Mail Processor manages and organizes mail processing work area to ensure required machinery, labels, bins, and other tools and materials are in place.
- The Mail Processor receives sorted mail items and distributes into designated bins for additional processing.
- The Mail Processor is responsible for loading mail items into automated machines.
- The Mail Processor is responsible for removing non-letter mail peices such as parcels, rolls, and odd shaped items from letter mail.
- The Mail Processor controls the flow of mail to ensure a steady feed into processing equipment.
- The Mail Processor is responsible for ensuring the operation of processing equipment by clearing jams and notifying maintenance when necessary.
- The Mail Processor provides service as needed at the public window for non-monetary transactions.
- The Mail Processor performs other duties as required.
Responsible for completing various clerk duties required for mail processing while operating both manual and automated equipment for the purpose of sorting and distribution.Employment Requirements
Must be 18 years old or 16 years old with high school diploma
Must be US citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other US territory
Ability to pass criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
Must be registered with Selective Service (if applicable)Salary Range
Up to $19.56 per hour paid bi-weeklyExamination Requirements
Candidates must successfully complete and receive a pass rating of the Virtual Entry Assessment - MP (476) for Mail Processors. When the candidate is invited to take the assessment, directions will be provided via email.Background Check
The Postal Inspection Service conducts a criminal background check by utilizing United States information and data resources only (FBI, fingerprint check, state and county checks). The investigation covers a 5 years inquiry for any location where the candidate lived, was employed, or went to school within the US or its territories.Physical Requirements
Candidates are required to be physically able to perform the duties of the position in an efficient manner with or without reasonable accommodation. Duties may include long periods of standing, walking, bending, and reaching. Candidates may also handle mail containers weighing up to 70 pounds.
Loading some great jobs for you...