OR Charge/ Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hidden (27771)# of Openings:
Overview SCASCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com
. Facility Description:
INOV8 Surgical is an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) located on the first floor in the adjacent medical office building to INOV8 Orthopedics. It is a single specialty ASC offering a wide range of services. Hours of operation will be 7:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday. There are 5 Operating Rooms. There are 6 Pre-Op beds, 8 Recovery beds and 4 private rooms to provide 23-hour observation services. We opened in July of 2019 and have successfully performed over 140 total joints. We also do Sports Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The OR Charge/ Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the facility. Assumes responsibility as Operating Room Charge Nurse/ Coordinator. As a Registered Nurse, the clinical lead is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.Key Responsibilities
- Supervise day to day operations.
- Promotes educational opportunities and staff development.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and personnel.
- Assists with Administrative duties.
- Maintain policies and AAAHC readiness.
- Supports the facility's ideology, mission, goals and objectives and contributes input into short- and long-term goals for the facility
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians and coworkers. Interacts with others in a positive, respectful, and considerate manner and promotes effective communication between the clinical areas, business office, and physicians
- Promotes cost containment and efficient use of facility resources and assists in monitoring FTE utilization, making recommendations to promote cost-effective man-hour practices.
- Oversees care of the OR department and the equipment to ensure safety, cleanliness, and operational ability at all times
- Coordinates patient-care activities with surgeons and anesthesia providers to provide continuity of patient care and service excellence.
- Coordinates and monitors operational activities for effective and efficient management of daily operation; reports deficiencies to the CEO or Director of Nursing.
- Performs clinical assignments/duties when needed
- Assists the Director of Nursing to prepare daily teammate assignments and delegates duties according to experience and skill level to provide quality patient care
- Participates in Quality Committee(s), Medical Leadership Committee, as requested, and/or assigned.
- Current ACLS & BCLS
- Current RN License
- Minimum 2 years of nursing and management experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is desired
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification
- Orthopedic (Total Joint, Sports Medicine, Hand, Ankle, Spine and Pain Management) surgical experience strongly preferred.
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of typical OR equipment required
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and maintain regular attendance
Please click HERE
Loading some great jobs for you...