Business Office Clerk
Employment Type: Full-Time
Full Time Employee# of Openings:
SCA in partnership with Texas Health Surgery Center Denton is looking for a Business Office Clerk. Our team is full of fun and personality and we are looking for the ideal candidate to enjoy working with other teammates. The Business Office Clerk is responsible for the coordination of an effective, efficient admission process for all patients by receiving referrals, gathering and verifying pertinent information, and completing necessary procedures to schedule and admit outpatients. As the Business Office Clerk you are the first face our patients see and customer service is your number one priority. Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Schedules surgeries in surgery template in the computer, along with pertinent information and handles calls from physician's office in regard to information on scheduling patients at the surgery center, scheduling surgeries or any calls associated with surgery scheduled.
- Answers phone in a pleasant manner and deals with physician offices and patient's needs expeditiously. Takes messages and transfers calls to other departments when necessary.
- Does pre-registration and makes sure that authorization is obtained from the physician's office prior to surgery scheduled. Completes necessary paperwork for registration and uses computer system to generate information for surgical/special procedure.
- Maintains log for cancelled appointments.
- Performs various clerical duties such as photocopying forms, reports, patient information, mailing surveys, preparing patient charts, faxing forms and retrieving faxes as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly surgery scheduling area.
- All scheduled cases are verified as soon as possible.
- Patients with a financial responsibility are contacted immediately and informed of the center's payment policies as well as offered payment options if necessary.
- All insurance verification and patient calls are clearly documented in the patient's account.
- High School graduate or equivalent required, higher education preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years of Clerical experience, in a health care environment required
- Ability to work 5:30 AM to 2 PM M-F with occasional 8-5:30 PM availability with notice required
- Must be extremely reliable as early starts require the opening of the center
- HST experience a plus
- Current BLS, preferred
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates Skills Required
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Loading some great jobs for you...